Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ears To Hear

Would you listen,
I could tell you
Of the life He’s given me.
Of the rudder
Of His Gospel
Taming all my willful sea.
Of the hope of
Christ’s sure calling
To His side eternally.
Oh, do listen!

Would you listen,
I could tell you
What the saints have always known.
Of the Manger,
Seaside wonders,
Of the Cross become a Throne.
Of the grave
Forever vanquished
By the God we call our own.
Yes, you listen.

Won’t you listen?
I must leave you
To the best that you can be;
And the dismay
Down the pathway
In your insufficiency.
While the Master
Spreads a Banquet
For His listening Family.
…Had you listened!


LUKE 8:8 And other (seed) fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Douglas