Thursday, April 2, 2009

Love Gives Rest


It was an extraordinary time in Prince Edward Island provided for us out of an inheritance gift to Hilary. I got up from the hotel in Charlottetown and walked down the street to a nearby Tim Horton’s, still stunned from the metamorphosis of air travel. It seemed almost as if I did not deserve the break.

I did my usual 6:30 A.M. people watch and turned to a delightful devotional classic on Psalm 103, “large double-single in hand”. Suddenly I was overwhelmed by a sense of blessing and of the Father’s presence. Words, unexpected words which did not follow in an orderly fashion from previous thought, arrested my consciousness:

“Doug, you are happy in this. I am happy that you are happy. I am Father.”

Friends, do we often forget this in our faith watch? Holiness. Growth. Submission. Chastening. Service. Testimony. Grand issues. But what about the Father who simply wants to bless? He was there for me and He decided that day to make it abundantly clear.

Are you in a place right now where you need to hear the Lover of your soul say that you should come apart and rest awhile. Perhaps this note is the trigger